Application Engineer –Functional printing in Seminconductor and Display
Scrona is agrowing start-up in the field of electrohydrodynamic (EHD) inkjet printing technology based in Zürich. In a dynamic and fast evolving environment, our multidisciplinary team is developing the first microfabricated multinozzle EHD printhead for functional printing in markets like semiconductor or display. The team is evolving and looking for a new Application Engineer who will support the team with her or his outstanding skills. We are looking for a solution-oriented personality who likes to think outside of the box.
- Conduct tests in the lab with our novel printheads, analyze and interpret results based on your solid physics background and your quickly acquired understanding of the printing process.
- Optimize printing routines and apply them to Scrona's target applications for which you will build a solid understanding as well.
- Directly interact with R&D personnel of Scrona's industrial partners and customers when implementing their pre-defined application requirements.
- Analyze Scrona's target markets for new applications, independently identify commercialization partners and customers and assist the realization of applications demos to present to them.
- Take responsibility in the planning, managing and continuous reporting of projects.
- Take a leading role in drafting project proposals for third-party funded R&D projects.
- MSc or PhD in physics, material science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a related field
- Strong analytic skills
- Preferably a practical track-record in a field related to fluid dynamics, electrodynamics, interfacial transport phenomena and/or liquid based functional materials
- Experience with analysis methods like optical microscopy, SEM, AFM and related
- Basic programming knowledge in a language like C/C++, Python or Matlab
- Skills in numerical simulations and CAD design is beneficial
- Interest in industrial manufacturing technologies, particularly in additive manufacturing and microfabrication
- Cleanroom experience is beneficial, but not required
- Innovative thinker that is pro-actively engaging with colleagues to accelerate the innovation process
What we offer
- Unique possibility to join a startup in an early phase
- A spacious office in Adliswil, a few minutes from Zurich
- A fast-growing workplace with unlimited possibilities
If this opportunity sparks your interest, get in touch! Please send us your CV with photo, cover letter and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org.